Taking on a remodel without professional help can be a challenge. Before you tackle your project, here are ten items that will make your remodel look professionally done:
- Paint: A fresh paint job is one of the cornerstones of a remodel. The paint job will set the background for your home, so you want to find the best quality paint- and a professional painter.
- Tile: Add tile to your kitchen, bathroom, and walkways. You can choose between glass tile and stone tile depending on the setting.
- Backsplack: Try adding a kitchen tile backsplash to highlight the hearth of your home. The backsplash, if done correctly, can also help expand a smaller space.
- A Kitchen Pot Filler Faucet: Typically mounted above a stove, a kitchen pot filler faucet is convenient and modern- not to mention helpful in a typically busy kitchen.
- Pendent Lights: A new hot trend, pendent lights, are much more interesting than ordinary lamps. Use these to highlight your bedroom or reading nook.
- Rugs: Adding, or removing rugs, is an easy way to refresh the look of your home.
- Curtains: Adding curtains instantly adds a homey feeling. Conversely, if you have an office space in your home, try adding blinds to that room to help you get in the “work” mindset.
- Accents: These can be flowers, pictures, statues, or other small things that you want to display around your home. No remodel is complete without these.
- Light Fixtures: Changing your light fixtures, or even just your lightbulbs, can make a huge difference in the look and feel of your home.
- New Furniture: Just a few pieces can make your home look and feel brand new. If you are on a budget, consider rearranging your existing furniture to create a fresh look without extra cost.
Remodeling by yourself is hard, but not impossible. If you set aside the time, and if you are in the right mindset- you can certainly accomplish your DIY remodel with beautiful results.