Sometimes small changes or additions to your home can make a really big difference to your how much you love living there.
Let me share with you the top 10 inexpensive things you can do to make your life better.
- A home should smell gorgeous and it should envelop you in its light scent as you enter it. This scent might just be clean fresh air or polished wood. It might be the smell of clean linen or white jasmine. A plant, an air freshener, an open window, some polishing may all add this lovely scent to your home, none of these are expensive but all add a really lovely quality to your life.
- Clean windows make such a difference to a home … they let in the light and they make a home look much loved and cared for. It’s just a quick and simple job but it is well worth making it a regular one.
- Your bedroom should be your sanctuary and keeping it clear of clutter and serene will keep it a special place. Decluttering also has a huge impact on a kitchen where clear worktops and uncluttered table will make it look clean and orderly. Decluttering costs nothing but time and effort.
- Duvets and pillows should be as comfortable as possible and regularly cleaned and replaced when required. Good sleep is so important to your health and wellbeing
- Investing in a good memory foam mattress is well worthwhile, increasing both comfort and support as you sleep and a king size mattress is a smart investment in a really comfortable nights sleep where your partner won’t disturb you and you can fully stretch.
- For me, one specific little piece of luxury worth investing in was a coffee machine. I love a good coffee in the morning time and the aroma from the coffee maker really makes me happy too. I wouldn’t be without my little coffee maker.
- A good vacuum cleaner is also worth its weight in gold. One that is lightweight portable and works on all surfaces is a really useful item to have. Keeping your home ship-shape easily.
- Plants and flowers bring a home to life, adding energy, colour and a hint of the outside. I do feel the lush greenness of healthy plants add softness and vibrancy to a room too. A home with plants makes it feel loved and thriving,
- Art – art you have chosen because it moves you in some way and is entirely personal is such a wonderful thing to have within your home, and one of the loveliest things you can do for your home has within it art that inspires or moves. This does not have to expensive, it can be a print or a poster of a painting you adore perhaps or even a piece of art you have made yourself or that your child has made. Meaningful pieces make a house intrinsically yours and absolutely a home. Photographs can have a smiliar impact and are inexpensive to print out and frame.
- Last but not least do fill your home with music. Many, many of my memories of my happy childhood are connected to the songs my dad would whistle and those my mum would play on the radio. It costs very little but brings a home to life like nothing else.