Distinguished by its unique characteristics and aesthetics, microcement is gaining popularity as a finishing material for floors. Its unique properties, such as flexibility, durability and aesthetics, attract not only interior design professionals, but also individual homeowners looking for modern and functional solutions. In this article we will take a closer look at the use of microcement as a flooring material, explore its advantages and learn how to care for it effectively. Is microcement on the floor an ideal solution for everyone?
What is microcement?
Microcement consists of a mixture of cement, aggregates, color pigments and special additives that improve its properties, such as elasticity and water resistance. Its key feature is its ability to form thin-film coatings of high strength and aesthetics that can adhere to almost any surface – from floors to walls to ceilings.
Advantages of microcement floors
Microcement flooring is an increasingly popular solution, particularly valued for its durability, aesthetics and versatility. Its unique properties make it ideal for use in high-traffic areas such as living rooms, hallways and commercial spaces.
What’s more, microcement flooring is able to meet a variety of aesthetic requirements. Thanks to the wide range of available colors and various surface finishes, microcement allows you to create a floor that perfectly fits the character and style of any room, from an industrial loft to a sleek living room to a minimalist bathroom.
In addition, microcement floors are extremely easy to maintain. The lack of joints or grout makes the surface smooth and easy to clean. This is a definite advantage, especially in rooms where hygiene plays a key role, such as kitchens and bathrooms.
Microcement application in various rooms
Microcement on the floor is a solution that will work in many types of rooms, both in domestic and commercial spaces. In the living room, microcement will add elegance and modernity, while being resistant to heavy traffic and daily wear and tear. In bedrooms, its warm and natural aesthetic contributes to a relaxing atmosphere.
Bathrooms are where microcement really shines. Thanks to its water-resistant properties, it is ideal for use in wet areas. It can be used not only on the floor, but also on the walls, creating a cohesive and stylish finish.
Microcement floors are also a great option for kitchens. They are stain resistant and easy to clean, which is essential in an area where spills and dirt occur. In addition, microcement is resistant to high temperatures, making it safe for use near a stove or oven.
It is also a popular choice for outdoor use on terraces and balconies. Its weather resistance and ability to create unconventional surfaces make it an excellent material for use in these spaces.
Microcement flooring is also a great solution for commercial spaces such as stores, restaurants and offices, where its abrasion resistance and ease of maintenance are invaluable.
Microcement flooring and interior design styles
Microcement, as a material with a diverse palette of colors, makes it possible to create a variety of finishing effects. This makes it perfect for a wide range of interior design styles.
- Industrial: The rough texture and raw look of microcement perfectly match the industrial style, which values simplicity and functionality. Here, microcement on the floor can form a perfect combination with metal and wooden elements.
- Minimalist: In a minimalist interior, microcement can add a subtle touch without overwhelming the space. Its smooth surface and neutral shades fit perfectly into the “less is more” philosophy.
- Scandinavian: Scandinavian style, characterized by brightness and freshness, can be highlighted by bright shades of microcement. Finishing the floor with this material will add lightness and elegance to the interior.
- Loft: Loft style interiors value originality and unconventionality. Microcement, thanks to its uniqueness and the possibility of creating custom solutions, can be a key decorative element here.
- Rustic: Even in traditional, rustic interiors, microcement can find its place. The warm tones and natural texture can bring a cozy, rustic feel to the interior.
Microcement on the floor is a versatile solution that can be adapted to different styles and design concepts. Regardless of the style chosen, microcement will always add character and uniqueness to the interior.
Microcement floor cleaning and maintenance
Floors made of microcement are not only aesthetically appealing, but also easy to maintain. Their maintenance does not require highly specialized products, which makes them user-friendly floors. Proper care of microcement flooring ensures its longevity and beautiful appearance for many years.
- Cleaning: Microcement floors are easy to keep clean. Usually vacuuming and mopping it regularly with neutral cleaners is enough. It is important to avoid aggressive detergents, which can damage the protective layer.
- Protection: microcement flooring is very resistant to damage, but it is worth taking a few simple precautions. For example, avoid scratches by using furniture pads and protecting the surface when doing heavy work.
- Maintenance: From time to time, it’s worth using specialized microcement maintenance products to refresh the surface and extend its life.
Proper care and maintenance of microcement flooring ensures that it will last for many years, maintaining its attractiveness and functionality.
Learn more about microcement: festfloor.com