Throw pillows are a great way to add style and comfort to your home decor. They come in a variety of colors, patterns, and textures, making them versatile accessories that can easily transform any space. However, It is not always so simple. With so many options available, such as african print throw pillows and animal shape throw pillow, etc, it can be challenging to know where to start when selecting throw pillows for your home.
Here is a list of things that you should and should not do when choosing throw pillows for your home. In addition to that, you can use these tips also for your customers in case you are planning to start a wholesale business for throw pillows. Keep in mind that when choosing throw pillows, it is best to follow your heart so that you will have an idea as to what design or print will match best your furniture.
Dos for Throw Pillows:
While some variation in your pillows is desirable, overdoing it can create an appearance that detracts from the beauty of your room.
- Follow this method: Mix tonal textures or solids of varying sizes, or one solid, one busy print, and one small print. On large couch pillows, a large or busy print works best (think large = large). For small pillows, small prints, stripes, or plaids work best. Use your middle pillow to connect the other two. Remember to place the larger pillows at the couch’s ends and the smaller ones in the middle.
- Select the appropriate pillow sizes for your sofa. In addition to being decorative, sofa pillows serve a functional purpose. You want your pillows to contribute to the comfort of your seating. Large decorative pillows can make it uncomfortable to sit on a sofa. If your sofa is firm, you should use softer pillows. If your sofa is extremely plush, purchasing firm heavy pillows will provide seating support.
- Carefully select your color palette. Keep your decorative pillows the same color or choose complementary colors for a unified look.
Don’ts for Throw Pillows:
- Do not succumb to temptation and purchase inexpensive throw pillows; take note that material and quality matter.
- Do not place so many decorative pillows on your sofa that there is no place to sit. Sometimes, guests feel awkward moving pillows in someone else’s home. Instead, they will perch uncomfortably on the sofa’s edge. The purpose of a couch pillow is to add comfort and aesthetic appeal.
- Do not be afraid to be daring and make a statement in your home. If your room and furniture are all white, cream, or beige, it is acceptable to add accent pillows in a bright, bold color.
- Don’t forget to tie your decorative pillows together with a single hue. Even if only a small amount of your primary color is present in the fabric, it will still create a unified appearance.
Those are some additional recommendations for purchasing throw pillows. If your room features a multitude of patterns, stick to solid hues. Consider combining a simple stripe with a solid pillow creates a timeless look. If you have attractive throw pillow covers and need inserts, select a slightly larger insert for a plumper pillow.
Remember that your decorative pillows should match your sofa (or chair). And lastly, choose your sizes, patterns, fabrics, and shapes with caution especially if you are planning to establish a business with these throw pillows.