As Easter rolls around and the sun begins to shine it is time to think about Spring Cleaning.
Before you rush out and buy a whole host of new cleaning products though have a little read of this post. It may just inspie you to take a more money saving approach.
Experts from My Voucher Codes have revealed their secrets for cleaning the home quickly and on a budget. You will be surprised how easy many of these hacks are and how many of the items used are probably found in your store cupboards.
Have a look at this brilliant and very helpful video
I don’t know about you but cleaning really is one of my least favourite things to so anything that speeds it up and stops it costing me is a GOOD THING!
I love my home to smell fresh so the fragrance tips are especially useful
- Sprinkle some baking soda into the bottom of the bin to reduce the odour.
- Add a few drops of essential oil to the inside of your toilet paper to refresh the whole bathroom.
- Put a cup of vanilla extract in the oven to add a lovely smell to your kitchen.
- Cut a lemon in half and pop in the fridge to rid it of odour.
I also love the everyday hacks that enable you to use things you have already to get your home clean,
- Use a pastry brush to get crumbs out of your toaster.
- Cotton buds are handy to use when cleaning your keyboard.
- Used dryer sheets for dusting your skirting boards, blinds, TV and shower screens.
- To clean pet hair off your furniture, use a squeegee.
- Descale your shower head by covering it with a plastic bag filled with vinegar.
- Use a mixture of baking soda and vinegar in your toilet bowl to clean.
- Remove soap marks in your bath using a mixture of grapefruit and salt.
- Lint rollers are great for cleaning dusty lampshades.
And to save money? Try these top tips
- Buy store own brands instead and shop around for best deals. Use sites like MySuperMarket to compare prices.
- Bulk buy cleaning products, check out MyVoucherCodes for deals and discount vouchers.
- Choose multi-purpose products.
- Buy reusable mops and cleaning cloths.
I hope these tips all help and that your home is soon sparkly clean!