Without doubt, one of the biggest transformations you can make to your home without breaking the bank is with paint. A new paint colour can easily take your space from ordinary to outstanding! There are heaps of different ways that you can use paint to change a room – whether you want to make the room warmer, more contemporary or even to play visual tricks, the sky really is the limit.
Interior Designer, Lauren Gilberthorpe of Lauren Gilberthorpe Interiors has written some top tips below for how you can easily transform your space with paint
- Ignore the boundaries. Consider taking paint off the walls and ‘over’ furniture and pictures to create a really bold and eye-catching look. This works perfectly to re-vamp old furniture and give it a new lease of life.
- Highlight your collections. We all love a good #shelfie – why not take it a step further and paint a shape over your shelf to highlight your display even further. The image below works so well because of the boldness of the contrast between the yellow and emerald green. I can see this working really well in a kids bedroom.
- Paint the ceiling. Painting the ceiling a colour other than a bright white can be a great way to create a cocooning effect in your space. Here, a deeper shade of blue has been used on the ceiling and I think it works brilliantly.
- Colour the woodwork. If you want to introduce some colour to a scheme but don’t want it on all of the walls, rather than painting a feature wall, why not try painting a colour onto your doors, skirting boards and architrave.
- Uneven paint. Go on, break the rules! Painting up to traditional picture rail height gives the illusion of much taller ceilings. For a relaxed play on this idea, why not paint up to this line in with a jagged edge as shown in the image below to add some bold personality to your space?
Pin me for later …..